Tuesday, February 28, 2012

collection of thoughts

you guys, it is raining sideways outside right now. like pouring buckets, howling wind, the whole nine yards. and it's one of the things i like about living on a tropical island.

*****

i've been working on my graphic design classes and just finished a class on design & composition. i took quick a few art classes in college, and most of them seemed to expect that i possess an innate ability to know what a good compositionAdd Image is without anyone ever telling me. this particular class was SO helpful - very straight forward and clearly stated explanations. here's a couple of projects i turned in:

the first two are addressing different kinds of negative space, using the theme "ode to bicycles"



the second image is a poster for a "mostly mozart" concert. i used images on flickr, found under the creative commons license.


what do you think?

*****

last night, during another bout of insomnia, i was perusing some websites and guess what? i found a doula on island who teaches a natural birth class!! just in time too...my due date is coming up quickly. i am so excited to start the class and relieved to have found another way to approach childbirth, rather than the negative stories that i addressed here.

2 comments:

Ana Degenaar said...

This is amazing! Some times I wish I could go back to school to talk about things like this. In the way I think we become more unorthodox and people-pleasing. If my teacher had to see my work now he would fall of his chair... and not in a happy way.

Erin said...

I'm so glad you're in a better place about the baby thing. And loving your designs!