Monday, December 31, 2012

Bye 2012!

Happy New Year friends! 2012 flew by, didn't it? We had a couple of huge events this year. We welcomed our beloved little boy into our lives. I've learned so much about myself because of him. I'm so thankful every day for a happy (usually) healthy little boy. Ryker is exploring and taking in his surroundings at an exponential rate, and his personality is really starting to reveal itself.

We moved into a new home about a month ago and are still unpacking. Most of the house is set up, but I need to spend some time in organizing my studio. This house feels more like a home. And as much of a pain (and expense) as it was to move, the hassle was well worth it.

Do you all have goals for this year? I have a few that I would like to share:

- work out consistently: I feel better when I do. I want to be strong & healthy, not just for myself, but for my little boy
- read more: I did read a bit more in 2012 than in years past, but I would like to continue to add to my reading list
- make more stuff: as in, art, books, knit, crochet, prints, drawings, anything! I miss making things and I find I'm happier when I do. Plus, Japan has a number of cool craft books and kits that I want to try out while I have the opportunity
- blog once a week: I feel like once a week is a reasonable goal, considering everything else I have going on. Taking care of a baby is a full time job. For those moms out there that manage to work, cook, clean, and excel in other areas in addition to raising your babies, I give you major props. I don't know how you do it all.
- work on school consistently: I'm still working towards a certificate in graphic design, although it is taking longer than I ever imagined.

I know my goals may seem selfish...but I've realized that I need to focus on myself to be a better partner to my husband and better mom to my little one.

I hope your year is one of joy and happiness!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I don't think your goals are at all selfish! You need to take care of you and nurture yourself, because when you do, you nurture your whole family. You enrich it and you're giving what's very specially you to this world. Happy 2013, lovely!