Happy New Year friends! 2012 flew by, didn't it? We had a couple of huge events this year. We welcomed our beloved little boy into our lives. I've learned so much about myself because of him. I'm so thankful every day for a happy (usually) healthy little boy. Ryker is exploring and taking in his surroundings at an exponential rate, and his personality is really starting to reveal itself.
We moved into a new home about a month ago and are still unpacking. Most of the house is set up, but I need to spend some time in organizing my studio. This house feels more like a home. And as much of a pain (and expense) as it was to move, the hassle was well worth it.
Do you all have goals for this year? I have a few that I would like to share:
- work out consistently: I feel better when I do. I want to be strong & healthy, not just for myself, but for my little boy
- read more: I did read a bit more in 2012 than in years past, but I would like to continue to add to my reading list
- make more stuff: as in, art, books, knit, crochet, prints, drawings, anything! I miss making things and I find I'm happier when I do. Plus, Japan has a number of cool craft books and kits that I want to try out while I have the opportunity
- blog once a week: I feel like once a week is a reasonable goal, considering everything else I have going on. Taking care of a baby is a full time job. For those moms out there that manage to work, cook, clean, and excel in other areas in addition to raising your babies, I give you major props. I don't know how you do it all.
- work on school consistently: I'm still working towards a certificate in graphic design, although it is taking longer than I ever imagined.
I know my goals may seem selfish...but I've realized that I need to focus on myself to be a better partner to my husband and better mom to my little one.
I hope your year is one of joy and happiness!