Thursday, January 31, 2013

Yarn deprivation

I've started yet another yarn project. But I'm happy to report that I'm making significant progress on it. At this rate, I might finish it in 2016! Ha. Kidding. Anyway, whenever I work on a project with yarn, whether it be knit or crochet or whatever, I get a hankering to look for more projects and inevitably, more yarn. Fortunately for my husband, there isn't a Joann or Michaels store on this island, otherwise I would have quadrupled my stash already.

There is yarn here, but quantities are small and it's expensive. I'm contemplating on starting a huge blanket for our bed. Something bright and colorful, and of course machine washable. At this point, I don't buy anything that can't be machine washed and dried. Partially due to the amount of drool, barf and other fun stuff that appears on my clothing and partially because I don't have time or $$ to go to the cleaners. I think we dropped off a pair of pants at the cleaners about 2 months ago and have yet to pick it up. Yeaaaaaaa.

I was perusing ravelry, a magnificent site of a zillion knit and crochet patterns and projects, and found it interesting to see what color combinations people chose. I wonder what draws people to certain colors. For me? I adore bright cheerful combos. And if aqua blue is in the mix, then that's even better. I've always liked a rainbow of color. As a kid, I can remember using all the colors in my marker/crayon/paper pack. Always.

Back to my yarn now!

No comments: