Wednesday, February 16, 2011

books

hubby and i switched offices a couple of weeks ago so he could get some peace & quiet downstairs and since i've been working upstairs anyway. he bought me a bookshelf (and put it together) and i moved a bunch of books up into it. as i went through the books, i realized there were quite a few that i haven't read in years; some from college, from high school and even elementary school. i'm now trying to decide if i should keep them or sell/donate them. i've had the itch to clean house lately...

some questions popping up in my head: will i ever read them again? are they good reference material? i already have them, so why get rid of them?

i LIKE my books, even though they haven't had much face time lately. some remind me of the time i spent on guam, others of the friends that gave them to me. kind of the same way a song plays on the radio and you're taken back to some event, big or small, that's stuck with you for years.

so, you bookworms out there, do you keep all of your books? or pass them on? how do you decide what to keep?

3 comments:

Erin said...

i keep most of em, unless i just hate the book, have absolutely zero interest, or it's a math textbook. i sell the ones I don't want. unless it's a math textbook, in which case i burn it.

Brittany said...

Even though I get the itch and am good about getting rid of SO much other stuff, there are hardly any books I have donated to the library EVEN if it has been years and years since I've read them. I may be okay with getting rid of other "stuff" but to me, books aren't just "stuff," you know? I say if you have room to keep the books, keep the books.

Brandi said...

I do keep all my books, though lately I've started to take more out of the library. I'm trying to be selective with what I buy -- as much as possible at least.